കർക്കിടക കഞ്ഞി കൂട്ട്
Karkidakam in malayalam month (July-August) is the time for preparing one’s spritual, mental and physical health. Due to the climate changes in Karkidakam it is the time for preventive and rejuvenation therapies for human beings.
During this season the weak digestive power and turbid atmospheric water makes the digestive system more weak and as a result toxins will accumulate in the body. As per Ayurvedic Rithucharya guidelines Karkidaka is the time for panchakarma therapies and consuming Ayurveda medicines to detoxify and rejuvenating the internal organs.
Ayurveda lays emphasis on daily regimen and seasonal regimen as a part of which it signifies MONTH OF KARKIDAM—AS MONTH FOR AYURVEDA REJUVENATION THERAPIES. Changes in seasons cause many maladies. These can be tackled if one observes proper diet, lifestyle routines and undergo rejuvenation therapies thereby creating a harmony between environment and individual.
Rejuvenation therapies are aimed at;
- Strengthening the body
- Enhancing the immunity
- Neutralizes the disease caused due to variation in seasons
- An overall relaxation and positive attitude
Another key aspect of monsoon rejuvenation is following Karkida kanji diet (medical gruel).This kanji is formulated with ingredients such as shashtika shali, dasapushpa, dasamoola, jeeraka, green gram (powdered) and it helps in
- Restoring the normalcy of impaired Agni(digestive fire)
- Cleanses the system internally
- Pacifies the dosha(humors) imbalance and heals the body
- Improves the bowel movement
- Increases the metabolic rate and burns out extra fat
This medicated gruel should be taken for 7/14/21 days for better results.
Preparation of the Karkidaka Kanji
The shastika rice is boiled in water, when it is properly cooked the medicated choornas are added and mixed well. It can be seasoned with ghee and shallots and jeera and fenugreek seeds to enhance the flavour.
- For emaciated people and with fatigueness: the coconut milk and jaggery can be added.
- For swelling and water retention: thazhutama can be added.
- For hypercholaestraemia: muthira, uluva can be added.
- For asthama and breathing difficulty: garlic(1-2 pods),small piece of ginger, yashtimadhu powder(1pinch) can be added.
In present scenario where lifestyle syndrome are seen, the Karkidaka treatments occupies a prime place as it provides promising results in immunomodulation of our body and making us disease free.
To know more, complete with your contact details and avail 10% discount on CKKM Pharmacy medicines and RCM Ayurveda & Wellness Treatments.
(Terms and conditions apply)